Welcome!

You are invited to read Marcus of Abderus and the Inn at the Edge of the World, a fantasy adventure novel available at Barnes and Noble Online.

Monday, March 24, 2008

Professional blogging-

Having completed the first draft of my first novel, I am exploring the sale of such an item. This is much more involved than just joining Blogger and posting short stories. I can go several routes, and will probably travel one or two on my way to publication and sales.

One aspect of selling a book seems to be promotion. Once a task for the professional publishers, it seems to be something the writer must now master. Blogging is becoming a major factor in promotion. Hence, the need to learn another art.

On the whole I value new learning opportunities. However, this will be a stretch. I am not a particularly social being, and this networking on a global scale is daunting. Daunting, but with a strong element of fun.

Time will be a factor. Time spent blogging. Not just writing, but visiting blogs, commenting on blogs, and seeking to make myself a presence in the bloggosphere. Some long for popularity and fame. I do not. I do, however, wish to attain some success with my writing. So, I face new challenges.

It should be interesting. It can be fun. It will be a bit of work.

No comments: