Welcome!

You are invited to read Marcus of Abderus and the Inn at the Edge of the World, a fantasy adventure novel available at Barnes and Noble Online.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Writing a novel-

Today I finished the first draft of my novel. What an interesting sensation! I know I have a lot of work ahead, but it was great to accomplish this task. Finished!

As I had shared in an earlier post, I returned to writing as a way of overcoming depression. In combating depression a very important tool is to DO SOMETHING. Not something in particular, but to do SOMETHING. I returned to writing.

At first it was just short stories to be published here. Then I started a big project. I started writing a novel. I kept going, no matter what. Over one hundred and two thousand words later, it is done. I kept going. As a tool to fight depression, it worked.

That, in itself, made the task worthwhile. However, I intend to see it to completion. I also will soon begin my next work. Doing something works, and I intend to keep doing it.

No comments: