Welcome!

You are invited to read Marcus of Abderus and the Inn at the Edge of the World, a fantasy adventure novel available at Barnes and Noble Online.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Disneyland

My wife, Linda, and I are going to Disneyland next week. Depending on a number of factors, I may not get a story published next week, as a result of the trip. Considering the vast numbers of readers, I know the disappointment will be great. It will be a blow to the Western economy, but that is a price we all will have to pay. My wife and I need a break.

Keeping with the overall purpose of this blog, I would like to observe that Disneyland was largely engineered on the concept of stories. The various lands and rides all tell a tale. From what I have read, Walt Disney had movies in mind. That may well be the case, but movies are simply stories told through the medium of film. The analogy holds.

For more on Walt Disney, look here. I think that this biography was well balanced. Disney was viewed favorably, without glossing over some of the negative aspects of his personality.

For me, Disneyland really is The Happiest Place on Earth. After all, even a minor story teller such as myself can't resist a few days living within some very nice tales.

I will be posting again as opportunity presents itself. Not more than a week and a half, I should suppose, and earlier if I can. Keep visiting, as I have an ever growing collection of tiny tales to share.

No comments: