Welcome!

You are invited to read Marcus of Abderus and the Inn at the Edge of the World, a fantasy adventure novel available at Barnes and Noble Online.

Friday, July 13, 2007

A little distance-

I wrote "The Mind Bug" over a decade ago. I even submitted it for publication in a suitable monthly magazine. I believe that this was my first rejection slip. I was not discouraged by the rejection, but by the enormous competition for space for short stories. The compensation was not sufficient for the effort, at a time in my life when most of my waking hours had to be assigned to getting a reliable income.

So, into the drawer it went. When I finally pulled it out, just a few weeks ago, I realized that my rejection slip was well earned. I pruned and shaped, and reduced the bulk of the writing by about 60%. I think it turned out much better.

Now, it is published. Perhaps not as I had imagined it would be, but in a fashion that is exciting and new.

Hope you like it. Comments are welcome.

No comments: